Aug 24, 2008

The Holidays are COMING!

I do realize what time of year it is. School hasn't started yet (for us anyway), Halloween is in the distance and Christmas is EONS away. But all my cardmakin' buddies are already thinking of, if not completing their Christmas cards already. And since I have a move in my near future (hopefully) plus some lofty card making gift ideas for the holidays, I thought I should start on my cards now!  

I am toying with a few ideas. Please feel free to vote on which one you like. I will be posting a few through the next week or so. I'm trying to balance a few things; First, I want them to stamp out fast, (I have to make 50!) but not be so simple that it's boring. Plus it can't be too bulky so it doesn't get ripped to shreds in the mail. (I hear the postmen hate ribbon, is that true?) So this is the first prototype. I like it, but it doesn't wow me. Any thoughts??
***Fun Fact: The first letter of the Greek word for Christ is chi, which is X. Before the invention of the printing press, "Xmas" was often used, in print, to save time and ink.

Good. Now I don't feel so sacrilege!! 

Deets:
Stamps: Out on a Limb, First Fruits (PTI), Christmas Expressions, (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink: Pure Poppy, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate (allPTI)
Paper: Kraft, Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy, Vellum (all PTI)
Accessories: Distressing Tool (SU!) Gold Fiber Ribbon (Michael's Crafts)


No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.