May 2, 2009

365 Cards: Floral Fest

Hey there! I participated in todays challenge at 365 Cards which is Floral Fest. That means you must have 8 flowers on your card. Woah buddy, thats a lot of flowers! In light of my activities for today (Revlon Run/Walk for Breast Cancer) I thought I would make my card all Pink. By the time this posts I should just be starting my run... lets pray my allergies don't flare up and my legs don't give out!
You can see I got in all eight flowers on there, which is quite a surprise. (there are two sewn together, so technically I have 16!) I made this 5 1/4 square. I added some Hibiscus Burst Buttons, Raspberry Fizz ribbon and the only sentiment I thought was suited for today.

I have not personally been affected by breast cancer, but I have many people around me that are fighting the fight or have watched loved ones fight.... My heart goes out to them. I am praying for you; a full recovery for some, praying for peace and understanding for others.

Thanks for visiting me today. Love to you and yours~
k

Deets:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics and Scattered Showers (sentiment) Pink Paislee Fancy Frames
Ink: SU! Pink Passion, Basic Grey, Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz (sentiment)
Paper: Papertrey Ink Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Stampers White
Accessories: Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz Grosgrain, Vintage buttons. From stash felt flowers


12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous Kristie!!! Lovin' all those flowers and the pop of black...perfect-o!

Made by Mandy said...

Woah, loads of beautiful flowers, really colourful.

Good luck on your walk today and best wishes to the people you know affected by cancer.

Maz said...

Lovely colour combo on this one, great card. Good luck with the walk today
Maz

Rose said...

Supper card for the challenge!! hope your "walk" was a great one!!

Ann said...

This is gorgeous! I love the flowers, polka dots, and ribbon!

Karen Lee said...

Polka dot are always a fav of mine! Love the flowers!

hugs, Karen Lee

AUsome mom said...

Hi Kristie!! I've missed you and all the others this week. Anyhoo -GREAT card!! I love that you participated in the breast cancer run today. Hope you had a great day.

Unknown said...

Kristie great minds think alike hey. I also went for the button centres lol. I love your take on the challenge as well. Congrats on do the breast cancer run too!!
Regards
Michelle

Kristen H said...

Love the way you used the blooms! I could use a bunch of these praying for you cards! It seems with the state of the economy and 1 out of 3 friends loosing their jobs and sicklies and such, I should have a huge stack of these. Great sentiment! Thank you!

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Jana said...

Gorgeous card. Hope your walk went well.

Nancy Sanders said...

fabulous card, I was wondering if you made the flowers? I really like the way you lined the flowers up, while 8 is a lot of flowers for one card and normally would overwhelm a card, the way you put them on your card it is not overwhelming. Just stunning...hope all went well with your run.

Vicky said...

This is so cute, Kristie!! Love the pink and how you arranged the flowers. Congrats on running in today's 5K!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.