Jun 21, 2009

365 Sketchy Sunday!

Happy Sunday to you all!! What a weekend it has been. I have done SO much shopping I don't care if I never go out again! I did finally find something to wear to my brothers wedding (after 2 days of searching), so now its just a matter of staying the same size! Patrick and the boys went camping and I got to sleep in! And I got in touch with a long lost friend which is something SO glorious it can't be described. So all in all a wonderful weekend for me. How was yours? Tell me what did you do? I hope it was wonderful as well!! 

Ok, onto today's sketch. Pam did it again... (uh, why is this pic so itty bitty??)

And here is my card:
I will say its a bit basic in comparison to the sketch but the first thing I thought of when I looked at the sketch was a spinner card and I have been wanting to make one for ages and never have, so I took the plunge. If you want to make your own spinner card you can follow the tutorial I found on SCS. It's easy and really fun! 

I got my PTI order this weekend too (adding the perfect weekend touch!) and I got to use one of the stamp sets... Fruitful.  I have been wanting a fruit set for quite a while and haven't been happy with what is out there. But this set is really fun. I can't wait to use more of it.
Here is my card trying out its "spinning" action. You can kind-of see a bit of movement in that top one. I was going to computer generate my sentiment but my printer ran out of ink so I hand wrote it instead. It was the only thing that I could think to do! Thanks to the challenges that Pam has given us, I wasn't scared at all to write my own. Thank you Pam for making me a more confident crafter! 

Have a wonderful day and I hope to hear from you!
loves
k

Deets:
Stamps: Fruitful by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Tangerine Tango by SU!, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf by PTI, Chartreuse by Palette
Paper: Stampers White, Summer Sunrise by PTI, Lime from stash
Accessories: Pop Dots, Pennies, Basic Black SU! marker

3 comments:

Vicky said...

So cute! I've been wanting to try a spinner card and you're right, this is the perfect sketch AND the perfect PTI set for it! Great card, Kristie!

Unknown said...

Great spinner card. Clever ideal to! I am on my way to check out the tutorial. Thanks
Cheers

~amy~ said...

cutie cute cute!!! Love the citrus!!!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.