Jun 5, 2009

Hero Arts Background Stamping Challenge

This is my first time ever playing along with a Hero Arts Challenge. That is mostly because I haven't ever had a lot of HA stamps to choose from. But, I do now!:

This weeks challenge is to use a background stamp in a fun way. What's funny is I have a lot of their sets now, but only 2 of their backgound stamps (and one is a holiday image) so I didn't have a lot to choose from for this particular challenge, but it still worked out great! I used the Stencil Design Block for my backgound and stamped it in a rainbow of colors! (I feel like the Lucky Charms guy!) I trimmed the strips down to 1 inch. The scallop and Hello sentiment is from the Hello Circles set. 

So it's friday and another weekend is upon us! I hope to do some strawberry picking this weekend and then eat them all before monday hits. I am pretty sure I will have a tummy ache, but its totally worth it. Plus maybe some jam making and I have this great recipe now for making SwirlBerry Icecream. I will definitely need me some sweet strawberries!

Have a good one!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Stencil Design Block, Hello Circles by Hero Arts
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy by SU! Plum Pudding, Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate by Papertrey Ink
Paper: Vintage Cream, Kraft by Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Paper Piercer

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

fun card Kristie...hmm....I'll be over this weekend for icecream :)

Vicky said...

cool card, Kristie!! i love the rainibow :). Sounds like a fun weekend - do you grow your own strawberries or go somewhere in the area? That sounds like fun!

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... I love this ... it takes that background stamp to a whole new level.

Anonymous said...

I love that background! Everything you do is amazing! G in Utah


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.