Jun 12, 2009

See The Flowers Smiling...and other ramblings

Hey there everyone! Today's card started out with a purpose but ended up short and sweet. Last night I had wanted to do Kazan's Sketch for the week. I looked at it, I thought, yup I can do it and boy do I want to win some Sakura Pens! But then I sat down to create.... I looked at my stamps and actually groaned! (can you believe it?). I stared into space wondering what I should do. I was totally and utterly uninspired. My husband says that when you aren't inspired that means you don't have enough 'data' going into your brain. (he is a designer so I guess he would know.) Every good idea is started by something. So I went to the internet. I looked up a color combo from this website that Melissa Bickford posted about this week. I picked the first color combo that struck me (uh, it was the first one I saw!)  I picked a stamp set and started. 

It came together in the end but I seriously kept wanting to stop and just watch a movie. My brain was mush! I totally contribute it to the late night before finishing teachers gifts, the lb. of cookie dough and diet coke I had at 9:30 in the AM (thanks Wendy!) and the sugar crash nap I had in the afternoon. All in all, not my best day. I pretty much couldn't think straight! But because of yesterday today I started out with a run and hope to eat better. And I get to post a card that never ended up matching a card challenge this week, but that I love anyway. (goodbye sakura pens *sniff*)

Ok, like I said a lot of rambling. So lets get to the nitty gritty. What I did for this card is stamped and cut my flowers out with a punch, added a sentiment, then stamped the vine on some acetate and stitched it over the flowers. Simple and straight forward. I have been working on my photog skeelz after another great tut from Lisa Spangler. Ok. so with that I will leave you to it! Take a second today to be kind to yourself and then spread the love!
Have a great day!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Garden of Life by PTI, Farmer's Market by Basic Grey, Thoughtful Messages by Hero Arts
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, Summer Sun, Basic Black by SU! Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart, New Leaf by PTI
Paper: Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist by PTI

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

oooh....aaahhh....I love it Kristie!

Kristen H said...

Love you message about being kind to yourself and spreading the love. That is GREAT!!!!
I love this card. It is funny how the simple cards have the biggest impact on me!
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you have used on this card! Very nice! G in Utah


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.