Aug 28, 2009

2S4Y: Laura Sketch #33

It has been a good crafting week for me. I have been able to participate in a few challenges and got some submissions in, so all in all I am feeling good. To end this week, I thought I would share my card for Laura's sketch this week at 2S4Y.:


Here is what I came up with:
Since I wanted and Asian flair, I decided to use some clean straight lines with the added floral in the background. Not sure if it worked, but when I was putting it together I really liked it!
I love this button so much. I slid the ribbon through the front and back and instead of tying a know, just glued it down and added an adhesive gem. Pretty simple today. 

I wonder... what do you have going on for yourself this weekend?? Only two weekends left until Ronin goes to school. And boy am I feeling the clock tick! He is so so excited. I hope he's not painfully disappointed when it finally arrives. What a glorious thing to grow up! Anyway. Not sure what our plans are but I hope to have a good time and I hope the same for you! 

Be sure to check back for a card tomorrow and of course for 365 Cards Sketchy Sunday! See you then!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Arigato by Hero Arts
Ink: Basic Black by SU!
Paper: Smokey Shadow, Scarlet Jewel, Soft Stone by PTI, patterned paper by American Craft
Accessories: Vintage Button by PTI, Adhesive Gems by Basic Grey, Scallop Circle Punch by SU!, Colored Pencils from stash

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE this Kristie...great job with the 2s4y sketch...love that adorable Hero Arts Japanese doll...sooooo sweet!

Ink, paper and BLING! said...

I love this dollie! YOu card is darling!
R

Anonymous said...

Your card is adorable...I love everything about it! TFS

Kimberly Crawford said...

Love this! The colors are fabulous!!!

Laura Davis said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the colors too :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.