Aug 18, 2009

Background Stamping


Here is a card I made for the Paper Crafts Stamping Royalty Contest. I think I did it back in February or something. I don't quite remember. And I can't find out anything about the contest online. I assume its over by now so I think it's safe to post:
I stamped my flowers alternating the colors on the white paper. I measured every 1 1/2 inches or so and used my hole punch to punch notches in the edges. This is what holds my string on. 
I strung the twine around it and glued it to the back. Then using a craft knife I cute my 'picture frame' and adhered it with pop dots. I think the rest is self explanatory.
 
I loved making this card. I think part of it was that I really thought through and patiently executed the process. I wanted the craftmanship to be really good and patience isn't one of my strong points. Plus it was an idea that was different than anything I had done. It made me feel good to do it! And now you know, I wonder where the thing is... must still be out at the PC office? Hmmm. I wonder.

Anyway. Sorry to share an old card with you, but my hubby left last night for the week and you know I couldn't spend the last moments of our time together crafting, now could I? I will have three nights all alone to craft up a storm so there will be new things to see this week. Plus, don't forget to join me for my 365 Cards Challenge on Wednesday. 

Thanks for checking in with me today. I know you are all busy and have important things to do. I feel blessed knowing you still take time out to visit me. Thank you!
loves~
k

Deets: 
Stamps: Garden Of Life, Green Thumb by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive by SU!
Paper: Not Quite Navy by SU!, Stampers White by Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Prima Flower, PTI Grosgrain, Marvy Oval Punch, Twine, 1/8 hole punch, Button

3 comments:

Patti J. said...

Wow Kristie! This is wonderful! It must have taken you forever! Love the bright color combination! Don't know how you got all of those flowers stamped so evenly - guess you just rock!!! Great card!

~amy~ said...

kristie, what a fabbie card...the colors are great!!

Carolyn V said...

My word, this is a stunner! No apologies needed for posting an old card - it's new to me!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.