Nov 25, 2009

365 Cards Challenge: Face It!

Good morning my sweet little cherubs! It is a glorious week. Busy with fun things like short days at work and school, turkey, pie and naps for all! Boy oh boy how  wonderful life can be! 

Today's 365 Card Challenge is to use any embellishments to turn your card into a face. Here is my card for today:

I had originally wanted to make the entire card a circle but I seem to make those a lot so I decided to use my scallop die cuts to make some green hair and my regular circle die cuts for a smaller face. It's hard to see, but I stamped my background repeatedly with a text stamp using white ink. I made my frame using a ruler and a marker and the sentiment is Ali Edwards. I didn't have big black brads so I used some that were grey and just dabbed them on my ink pad. Worked like a charm.

My 5 yr. old LOVES getting cards from me. I thought it would make his day getting one with a smiley face on it. That is why I chose this sentiment. I hope to give it to him close to when the new baby comes. I know things are going to change quite a bit for him (and me) and I want him to know he is loved. What a sweet boy he is! 

That's all for me today (and probably tomorrow). Head on over to 365 Cards and play along with the challenge. It will be a good time, I promise! 

I hope those that are in the states have a great time celebrating Thanksgiving and for those of you who don't celebrate, don't worry, I'll eat your piece of pie for you ; )

Loves!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Background Basics: Text Styled (Papertrey Ink), Loving Words by Ali Edwards (Technique Tuesday)
Ink: Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink) Black Graphite (Brilliance)
Paper: Lemon Tart, Stampers White, New Leaf (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Brads, Embroidery Floss, Black Pen (SU!)

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

You're so funny Kristie...your card is super adorable and your boy is going to love it...happy thanksgiving sista!

Natasha said...

it is perfect! R is going to love it!

Rose said...

well kristie this sure brought a smile to my face :0) your son will be thrilled when he recives it! have a great thanksgiving and thanks for eating pie for me lol

Janice said...

I am sure your son will love this card! Love the simplicity. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, and don't worry I will have my share of pie too!

Anonymous said...

Hands down, this is one of the cutest cards ever. It makes me all sorts of happy looking at it.

Have a Happy Turkey Day!
-Teri

Gloria Stengel said...

I love it and so will your ds! It's such a happy cutie pie card!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.