Jan 24, 2010

365 Cards Sketchy Sunday!!

Happy Sunday to you! Today's sketch is a classic! Nice clean lines and lots of room for interp. I love this sketch and wanted to get stampy with it. Here is what Pam gave us over at 365 Cards:

And here is my take on it:
You know this is the first time in a long time that I actually got my card finished with plenty of time to spare. Whew! With this baby only DAYS away, I need to really get my act together and finish as much as I can. My DH gets home thurs. and after that we are going to do everything needed to get this baby out!
Ok, as far as explanation goes, I overlapped my stamping to create my blue paper. Lots of curly stamps with red and blue. I added a lot of scallops which gives this original "boy" card a lot of "girl" flair. And the big button... can you say LOVE IT! It is so stylish and vintage its so fun to look at. I picked up the large embossed scallop border punch and it is every bit as fun as it looks. 

Ok... kids are making a mess, must run! Hope you have a glorious day!
loves
k

Deets:
Stamps: Majestic (AC), Background Basics: Retro (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Fresh Snow, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink), Not Quite Navy (SU!)
Paper: Not Quite Navy (SU!), Stampers White, Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Saddle Stitch Ribbon, Vintage Button (Papertrey Ink),  Large Embossed Scallop Punch (Fiscars), Scallop Line Punch (SU!)

1 comment:

Samantha said...

one of the coolest cards that I have seen in a long time. never would have put these colors together and it really looks amazing. love the giant brad it is perfect.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.