Sep 30, 2010

Cardabilities Reveal #12

Hey there people in the blogosphere! It's that time again. Cardabilities it's last reveal of this month. Where did September go anyway?? Here is the sketch:
And here is my take on it:
I got this sweet small picture frame (Melissa Frances) from the dear ladies over at Pink Persimmon and used all Pink Persimmon stamps on it. I mixed some patterned papers (Cosmo Cricket and PTI) and did some Tim Holtz inking action to the paper.
I colored my Santa with Copics and added some dyed silk ribbon and the new bakery twine from Papertrey Ink. Lots of fun to be had on this card. I can't believe I am thinking about the holidays already, but it is that time again. Once October rolls around you really don't come up for air until January. But I do look forward to all the wonderful things that come with the holidays. School is finally in full swing as is the falling of the leaves and the nipping of the cold. It's time to break out the hot chocolate! YUM!

ok. really, now I want some, so I am gonna go now. I suggest you get some too, just because its so good. Happy sipping ( I mean, crafting!)
k

9 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

What a pretty Christmas card! Love your take on the sketch.

XOXO
Kristine

BrandiLynn said...

its pretty and its cute, I love it!!!

Wendy said...

Oh lovely!!! I love to see that peeps are starting Christmas cards!!

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

I love the colours on ur card! gives the Christmas fell alrite! :) lovely take on the sketch!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

I totally loooove your sweet Santa card and that Melissa Frances frame ROCKS!!!

Super take on the sketch gf!!!

~amy~ said...

fab card sista...love the rich colors and the frame...I adore that frame!!

Char Dobson said...

Ho! Ho! Ho! Love your card.Wish I was on top of things and doing Christmas already. :)

Linda Beeson said...

Now that is sweet! Adorable use of that really cute Santa, LOVE the little backgroung behind him, looks like wallpaper!

Kelly S. said...

So cool, Kristie! Girl, you are getting GOOD with those Copics, WOW! If I ever invest, hope my learning curve is as quick as yours!!!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.