Sep 19, 2010

Guest Designer: Sketchabilities #31

Hey there all you Sketchabilities fans!! I am very excited to get to scrap today with all of you today since usually I am only seen at Cardabilities. Here is today celebratory sketch for the big party going on over at Sketchabilities. Come on over and play with us too!

Ooooh, the second I saw this I Loooorved it! Very fabulous sketch Karan!
Here is my take on it:
It didn't take much to find the perfect pictures to put to the page. I have an entire box of photos that need to be scraped, but these fall ones, when added with the sketch just seemed perfect. Or maybe the sweet crisp air that is starting to linger outside got me itching... hmmm I love this time of year!

This is my little peanut who is not so little any more (nor a peanut as you can see). I added some felt ric rac across the middle which is over top of a chevron patterned paper. The houndstooth pattern paper is a die cut (which I used only the bottom half) and it has a fuzzy texture to it. I added stickers to a die cut for the sentiment and hand cut stamped leaves and curled up the tips of them to give them some movement.
My journaling is placed on a stamped note pad image with a flourish and blowing leaves. I opted not to mat the photos. I think it gives a more modern look to it. All sketch and the patter paper really does all the work on this baby. Love the completed project (and love that its just completed!) Thanks to Karan for letting me participate with you all today. Hope you get a chance to play along!
loves
k

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

this is a wonderful layout kristie...I don't think I've seen a scrapbook page from you...love the fall colors and that houndstooth is delish!

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

what a fabulous layout and adorable little one. I love the color scheme too. Come check out my blog, im having a blog giveaway good until tom. at 3
http://justbecausecardsandmore.blogspot.com/


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.