May 22, 2014

Mama Elephant, Die Cuts and Inks, OH MY!

Hello! Happy day to you!  I wanted to share a card with you today. This is a funny story, and so I'm-a gonna share it.... I made this card for a design team submission, but then it turns out that the call was really really old and I didn't realise it until just this week! So, while that's kind of a bummer, I'm really glad I made it anyway because I had a lot of fun making my own stencil with a SSS die cut and then inking with Distress inks (for the sun). It turned out really vibrant and while it might be a bit dark, I kind of like how it jumps out and grabs ya!
I used Paper Smooches edge die cuts for the grassy hills and inked those with some Mowed Lawn distress ink. I put a smaller hill in the background and left it lighter. The cloud die cut is actually a thought bubble from Simon Says Stamp but I just left off the little thinking dots to make it a cloud and added some more ink.
I coloured that bunny with some Copic Markers, but I think next time I will try coloured pencils instead. It just made him too dark for my taste. I wanted him to pop a bit more, but I did give him a little bowl cut hair do, if you look close enough. Kind of dorky. But cute!

Thats all for right now. We are looking at the weekend fast approaching (as well as school break) and I couldn't be more relieved! Sometimes the weeks can bring you down with too many things to do and you need a nice weekend to lighten things up! Unless of course there are too many things to do on the weekend and then your just tired!

Ok, have a great day!
love to you and yours,
k


No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.