May 17, 2014

PaperCraft Gallery Idol Opening Round

Hey there! I'm trying my hand at this years Gallery Idol with Papercraft Magazine! There is currently an open round in order to be considered for the contest. If you are interested in joining yourself, you can check it all out HERE. But hurry fast, time is almost up to be included. Get your craft on now! They will be picking 20 crafters to keep going to the next round. Wish me luck!



This year's opening round is all about washi tape. Here are my three entries:

This one I took different kinds of washi and taped them on my card base in different spots. I then added my sun ray die cut over the top of it. I heat embossed my sentiment and popped the oval up to give it some added dimension. (all products, except for the washi are Simon Says Stamp).

My next entry was all about the rainbow. I think maybe it's a bit cliche to do a rainbow with washi, but honestly I love rainbow so much, I don't really care how many people do it! I haven't used buttons in For-Ev-Ah, so I thought I would add some today. I don't know... does it feel to old school? ; ) I haven't seen a lot of buttons around the blog-o-sphere lately. But you know, sometimes you have to back trend, right?  Who knows, maybe buttons will come back with a vengeance. Heaven knows I have enough in my stash to keep it going for years!
Again, I heat embossed my sentiment and popped it up for dimension. In all actuality this sentiment was swapped with the above card, but it didn't work for some reason so I put it on this card instead.

And last I have a simple little guy for ya. Some gray and gold washi tape with a vellum sentiment strip thats wrapped around the front. I LOVE this new Wet Paint stamp set by Papertrey Ink. It's just so great. I love using it! I added some candy dots to pull the eye down to the sentiment. That washi was pulling focus way too much. I think I balanced it out ok. Do you?

I believe we have only a week left until the judges weigh in to say who can go onto the next round. It's been so fun already, that even if I don't make it past this, it's ok. But then again, who am I kidding, I want to keep going! Fun crafting every week with a new challenge? Prizes to be won? Who wouldn't wanna be apart of that!


Thanks for stopping in today.
love to you..
k


No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.