May 9, 2014

PTI Make It Monday 163: Envelope Wraps

Hey all! It's been awhile since I have participated in a Papertrey Ink challenge. It's fun to be here! I joined in with the envelope wraps that Danielle Flanders showcased.  I have a few cards to send and thought it would be a great way to doll them up right!

Here is my envelope:
I used the double embossing technique that Julie Ebersol taught in the last Online Card Classes series: Clean and Simple 3. 
I LOVE This technique. In fact, I love it so much I practically double embossed my entire craft room! 

And wouldn't you know it, all the Papertrey Ink die cuts and embossing plates work perfectly for this. The idea actually started with the card I made first and then when I saw the Make It Monday challenge I knew it would be perfect to add an envelope wrap to it:
I used a Mat Stack 3 die cut with an embossing folder and then did a masking technique (also taught in Clean and Simple 3) with Botanical Silhouettes (anniversary set) to make my poppies frame and added a sentiment from Friends 'til the End. I repeated that for the envelope wrap choosing to wrap it around the right side and add a "Happy Mail" sentiment (from Happy Hexagons) along the top. I used a line stamp to create a place to write the address. Maybe a bit too many lines, in hind sight. Who has a 9 line address!??


Here's a close up of a card that's going into the mail for a sweet friend who will be moving soon. Oh how I will miss her...


That's all for today. thanks for stopping by!

k



No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.