Sep 22, 2014

Sweet Stamp Shop: Cut window Card

Hey Sweet peeps, happy day to you! Today I'm sharing another Sweet Stamp Shop card! Thanks for joining me today~

But first off, I have a semi-random issue I need help with.... I need a new crafting chair. After about 30 min of sitting at my computer, my keester is killing me! So my question to you is this... What chair do you use when you are crafting? Is there something out there that's comfortable, good for my back but doesn't look like Captain Kirk's chair from the Enterprise (or rival the size of the Enterprise!?) Seriously, what is it about office chairs?  They are nooooot attractive...big and clunky and space-age-y.  Am I right? Well that's what I think anyway. But something has to change for my hiney, and STAT! So if you could leave me a comment if you have a chair that you love and would like to recommend it, I (and my tushy) would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Ok, lets get started... here is my card. A little peek-y window for you:


Let's see what this card is made of, shall we?
First off, I trimmed a water-colour paper card panel and traced a circle die cut onto it. I then started stamping using this great set Elegant Flowers. I love this set because it's a bit different than the other style of Sweet Stamps you find in the shop and I think having different styles is a good thing! Don't even get me started on THIS amazing set. It has been used and used and used! It has so many different fonts and suits so many styles. I love that! Designing kudos Nicole!


Next I did some masking to stamp my other flowers and repeated it on the upper right hand corner as well.

Then I pulled out my Distress Inks. I love these babies! So glad they came out with these small cubes.  Their size helped me take the plunge and I'm really glad I did. They are really easy to use and don't take up a lot of space, which is great for me. And you still get plenty of colour and coverage. I used them to water-colour for this piece using a water brush. Squish your ink on your craft sheet and dip in your brush and paint away! This is a fun way to learn shading and colour combos. I'm still learning too as you can tell. That's what I love about this biz, there is always something fun to learn and a way to improve! Don't be intimidated by water-colour. It's a great medium! I love using Distress Inks more than anything else. I think I have tried every single medium and these works the best for me.


After I finished colouring, I sliced a big X in the centre of my circle and cut out the inside of the circle being sure to trim around the flowers. I trimmed the sides a little bit and rounded the corners. I added some Wink Of Stella to my flowers too for added shine.

I then stamped my sentiment onto my card base and popped up my water-colour panel over top. It frames the sentiment nicely! I LOVE this happy font.  It comes from Elegant Sentiments stamp set. And I guess they go pretty good together, right? In fact I just realized they had similar names! I love this sentiment set because of the size and style of the font. It can stand on its own and isn't a font i have seen around so that makes it extra special!


**Just a little bit of a side tip, after stamping the white sentiment, I went over the letters with a white gel pen to help it be more solid. The white ink I used, (while I do like it) always squishes out to where it looks more like an outline of the stamp and not a full stamp. Doesn't matter what stamps I use, it just likes to squish... Maybe I push too hard? I can get kinda crazy when I stamp!

Ok, and that's it!

Thanks again for joining me today. Be sure to check out the Sweet Stamp Blog this week. There is a new kit being released this week! There are more journaling cards to fall in love with and a great new stamp set. So check it out! Also, you can join in the party over on their Facebook page. Like the page so you get all the updates on new releases. Because, let me tell you.. October is coming fast and I know for a fact you won't want to miss it!

have a great week!
xoxo
k


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So clever Kristie! Love the bright colours and you make water colouring look so easy. .still terrifies me! No advice on a place for your toosh sorry...mine always seemed to come from family member's offices when the old ones were being replaced...and yes, always grey, always space age-y! Got my daughter one from ikea here in sg....that seems to work ok...maybe because it's hot pink?

Miriam Prantner said...

This is beautiful! The coloring is wonderful, so pretty!

Jill said...

Kristie!!! Behold amazing work here--elegant indeed! I'd never achieve this lovely water coloring if I tried. Wow! Well done :)

Jill said...

Oh, and as for chairs--Herman Miller Aeron chair rocks big time. Except that it costs a small fortune! ;)


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.