Sep 17, 2014

The Card Concept #19

Hey there...Welcome !! So glad you stopped in. We have another challenge today over at The Card Concept. It's a colour challenge.

Check it out:


I'm up for clean and graphic for this challenge. My definition of clean and graphic means bold but simple. So I pulled out my favourite pigment inks... the Memento Luxe. Their colour is always so vibrant, and intense. I also dug through my stash for a graphic stamp  (MFT.)

I started on the right hand side to stamp leaving a little white border to help pull the eye down ward. I added some enamel dots. I originally had the red dots on the yellow stamping and the yellow dots on the red stamping but with the boldness of the stamps it was just too much for the eye to take in. So I switched them.

Now this was actually my second card. Here is my first... It just wasn't as bold as I wanted it to be ; )

On this I used the same idea but the stamps are from Jane's Doodles. I like how this one turned out too. In fact, if you want a simple card to whip up, this is the best way to do it. Pick 3-4 colours and one stamp and go to town!

Be sure to stop by The Card Concept to check out all the inspiration and to play along! We love to see what you create!
Thanks for stopping by
xoxo
k

7 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

It's great to have some quick designs in your hip pocket! Love these graphic CAS cards!

Jill said...

Graphicy goodness!! Kristie!! Love these cards! Both! Oooolalala

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love your use of the bold and graphic stamps, lovely rich colours too!

Angela said...

Kristie, your cards are so fun and graphic and beautifully bright!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great cards! Love the designs!

Karen M said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous - I love all the bold colours:) On my blog you asked me a question and I just wanted to let you know that the paper I used on my card was 'hammered cardstock' - it's really nice & quite subtle:) I hope you have a lovely weekend - hugs xx

Yoonsun Hur said...

kristie, both of your cards are really amazing. YES! I totally agree with your thoughts. Simple and Graphic = Bold!! Fabulous! - xoxo Yoonsun Hur


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.