Dec 10, 2014

The Card Concept: #25

Hey there! Today is the day for a new challenge over at The Card Concept. This one is a fun one, although it is a bit different of a color combo for me.

Here is my card:

I actually loved creating with this combo. It kind of got me back to my neutral roots. I used to burn through Kraft card stock before switching over to white this year, which I now burn through even faster. So it was good to get into my stash again. And of course you can never go wrong with white on Kraft. I started with my snowflakes for a base design and then moved on from there to add the other colours in the challenge.


I picked up these new Mama Elephant stamps sets. I am a SUCKER for their stuff! So cute! I used some Copics to color and added some flocking to her hat for some added texture. I added some wood dots and snowflakes from Lawn Fawn and MME (respectively) and of course some regular MME enamel dots. I also put some Glossy Accents on her buttons to help them pop a bit. My sentiment was stamped using some Clear and Simple Stamp ink first and then I did some Memento Ink Luxe Pigment ink over top.  When you stamp with pigment ink first (the snowflakes) and then a dye ink over top of it (the sentiment) the dye ink will soak into the paper and let the pigment ink show through. Which was fine but it was still a little light so I opted to put some pigment ink on top to help it stand out.

Ok. that's it for me today! I hope you are having a great start to your week and I hope you get a chance to play along with the challenge over on THE BLOG.  This is my last challenge for this design team. I have had a great time working with each challenge and the amazing designers over at The Card Concept! So head on over and share some love!

I have my in-laws visiting this month which is always great and we went out and watched the new Penguins of Madagascar movie with the whole family. My kids were so excited but SO tired when we got home. I'm usually pretty strict on bedtime because it makes us all happier in the long run, so they were pretty messed up when it finally came down to getting to bed. When my kids get too tired they are so difficult to deal with! But they finally conked out and so I can relax peacefully at my computer tonight :)

Thanks for stopping in today! Remember you have ONE MORE DAY to get in on my giveaway. You can check out all THE INFO HERE. I have some stamps, die cuts, sprays, papers and embellishments to give away! And they could be yours, so check it out!!

love to you...
k

1 comment:

Kristie Goulet said...

Love the white on kraft, Kristie! Such a great card!!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.